Friday, March 1, 2013

I AM (The Metaphor.)

I aM. (The MeTaphoR.)
______________________

From You ,
(and ThiS wOrLd
of ScArS)
I hide My Feelings
behind clever
Metaphors;

because I cut myself on
The STaRs!

(grasping at Truths I should
not have
looked for.)

This once sweet soul
(clothed in
midnight-skins)
became a Stone;

Life's worst example
of the human
condition.

Cursed to walk Alone!

With a name the angels
dare not mention!
(such as Perdition.)

and Gladly I would
have chosen Fate,
had I known the Grave
I would
dig myself with Freedom;

But now it's too late!

( for the Stars are
dead at the hands of
Heathens.)

I AM the MeTaphoR,
who hides from himself no
Longer.
Opening Hell's Door!

(that could've been
Heaven
had I only been stronger.)

J.Stephen.H.



No comments:

Post a Comment