Wednesday, June 4, 2014

the stench of death's perfume

The Stench of Death's Perfume.
________________________

I'm sitting in
My Haunted Room
Tonight; Drowning
in the Stench of
Death's Perfume..
With My Pen
the Only Light.

(which illuminates
This Gloom.)

The Ghosts no longer
Believe in Me..
(if any ever did.)
though I hear them
down the Hallways
Snickering!
(like pesky little
kids.)
_

Oh, Love..
how my pen
once Bled
for You!!,
and Believed..
that everything
you said must
be "The Truth."

Yet I should
have known I
was merely
Deceived.

(by the phantom
Impulses of My
Youth.)
_

When Morning
comes,.. the
Ghosts will
find a Madman
clinging stubbornly
to the Fables of
His Sanity..still
drowning in the
stench of Death's
Perfume..

and my pen shall
be Lightning!!!!

(the only thing
capable of
illuminating
This Gloom.)

j.Stephen.H.




No comments:

Post a Comment