Tuesday, June 3, 2014

the oracle of selfie

The Oracle of Selfie.
______________

Not being a
Very smart
man..I tend to
speak of Intelligent
Things, in order to
conceal my Deeper
Stupidity;
Then I sit back
madly basking in the
Praise of Others
who Support Me
For  my Honesty.

(I guess I may have
taken a few Pointers
From Socrates.)

The Oracle of
Selfie probably
isn't too thrilled
with My Kind.

Since Thoughts like
mine loosen Minds,
and Kill the Savage
Mystical Market..

Introducing Man
To Self.

(The only One He
Needs to Find.)
_

I Like how Clever
Babblers seem to
Move Things Behind
The Social Curtain;
it increases Faith in
My own babbling abilities.

Perhaps I'll see them
all some day, with Serpent
Faces still Uncertain.

(Of what Absence
They Saw Filling Me.)
_

Not being a
very Wise Man,
I Play the Fool
like a Genius Sage;

and Sit back
basking in the
Non-Existent
Praise.

j.stephen.h.


No comments:

Post a Comment