Tuesday, May 27, 2014

a table set for 2

a table set for 2.
______________

I'm sitting 
at a table set for
2.

staring at a
Photograph
of You.

Smoking my
50th
Cigarette.

Picking
restlessly
at my Food.

_

Misery
Haunts
the 13th
Hour..

saturated
by
Loneliness.

As I Drown in
The Stench of
Dying Flowers!

(that I once saw
your Angel
Hands Caress.)
_

"Would you
care for more
my Dear?"

I ask the
Picture.

(wondering if
A presence is
near.)

"Perhaps
some
Fancy Liquor?"..

"or
Another Devil
Beer?!"

"If not I'll drink
one for us both
and mockingly
Cheer!!

(The Coming of
another Hateful
Year.)
_

I wake up
Dead
at a Table set for
2.

Tears staining
a Photograph of
You.

Then light my
hundredth
Cigarette.

(Drowning in
Our Ghostly
Solitude.)

_

j.s.h.












No comments:

Post a Comment