Tuesday, August 25, 2020

A general Summation

 A General Summation.

++++++++++++++

Breakfast mornings at the shelter 

are a real smash. 


Between meth-head cat fights over 

cheating boyfriend's  who pimp their 

women out for dope,


and hobo whiskey jamborees at 

7:30 a.m. 

in the devil's courtyard ran by 

"Ministers of God" 

who 

mostly just wanna cash their pay 

and 

entertain whatever secret lusts haunt 

their 

Hypocritical Hearts of Stone .



Few roses remain in such gardens be 

assured. 


But one fine morning things were different. 


Beauty walked bravely into a den of 

Vipers ,


pet all the serpents, and made doves out 

of 


Snakes with such ease it seemed 

rehearsed.



She told me I looked out of 

place.. as if I didn't belong ..and

I said " yeah that about sums it 

up in general" (which caused her to

laugh at my truth she thought was a 

Joke. )



I saw her a few weeks later at 

the library laughing at jokes told 

by one of the meth-kings who pimps 

his women out to half the leeches  

congregating beneath The Twilight Bridge. 


Her Laughter cut me in ways the streets 

never could, and I felt betrayed in some 

way though no promises were ever made. 


+


Later on after a few pints of whiskey I 

spent the night with three gypsy girls who 

sell their fleshly wares to more respectable

sorts from the Business End of Town. 

They said I was cute and they'd never had 

A Cowboy before so I could come party if 

I wanted to.


Oddly enough I never touched any of them 

that night , or any after .


and word got around I was crazy because 

the only thing I wanted to do was drink my 

ass off and recite poetry at the non-judgemental walls until I black out...and..



(yep. That about sums it up in general.)


Jsh






No comments:

Post a Comment