Thursday, January 30, 2014

It was All a Masquerade.

It Was All A Masquerade.

__________________

I'm Lost in
this Fog
(so Empty)
yearning to
be Filled..

while
reminiscing
about The
Enemy
(in Myself)
that I once
Killed.

It Lives again,..
The I...
(My Shadow
Companion.)
feasting on
Childish
Fears kept
buried inside.

(confusing
roles between
Hero and
Champion.)

_______

And just what
if this is a
Dream
My Dear?
Would that
really be
so Bad?

Is it Wrong
for Me to
Stay Here?

Recalling
Fonder Feelings
I Once Had!

________

It Haunts Again,
(The Ghost of Me.)
A Cruel Imaginary
Friend who cannot
discern illusions
from Reality..

Walking the Halls
of My Shattered
Head..
and so what if
it is DEAD?!

(at least with
You My Shadow
is Smiling.)

___________

The Fog
seems worse
on Pretty
Days..

(like Sunshine
laced with
Razor blades.)

Good Memories
cut the Deepest
you know!

Like Hope
Blinded
by The Fact.

(That it
was all A
Masquerade.)

j.stephen.h.

No comments:

Post a Comment